Be sure to share your photos and frustrations with us on Twitter. Click below if you’d like to let SFMTA know how you feel by using the #sfmtacarl!
Weekend Construction in Cole Valley
November 2nd (Friday) at 7pm to November 5th (Monday) at 5am
What to expect during construction this weekend:
- Track repair between Carl Street and west of the Sunset Tunnel
- Grinding and paying Carl Street at Cole, Shrader, Willard, and Stanyan Street intersections, one intersection at a time
- Work on the overhead wire poles at various locations along Carl Street
- Noise and dust will be controlled in adherence with City Codes
- Electronic messaging boards will be used in affected areas to alert motorists and cyclists of detours
- Local businesses will remain open during construction
Note: Street work will generate noise, including jackhammering (during daytime hours only)
Street closures and parking restrictions:
- Street will be closed on an as-needed basis at Cole, Shrader and Stanyan street intersections during street repaying
- Street parking will be temporarily unavailable near those intersections and around the areas where overhead wire pole repair work takes place
Note: If you live on the affected streets, please consider parking your car at an off-street garage or a parking lot such as UCSF Parking Garage and Kezar Stadium on Stanyan Street. The project will reimburse you for parking charges. Please submit your parking receipts for reimbursement to: SFMTA Carl Street Rail Replacement Project, One South Van Ness Avenue, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 Attn: Ha Nguyen.
- N Judah will be shut down during the weekend
- N bus will travel on Frederick Street
The schedule is subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen conditions.
The next shutdown on N line is scheduled for the weekend of November 16th.