This means that construction will require nightly subway shutdowns from 10pm to approximately 5am the next morning. During these shutdowns, bus shuttles will provide substitution.
The subway tunnel upgrade will start Friday, July 31, 2015 and is anticipated to end January 2016.
Additional Information on Service Adjustments:
- The inbound J Church will end at Church and Market. Transfer to bus shuttles at the F Line streetcar stops on Market Street.
- The inbound N Judah will switch back at Church and Duboce. Customers getting off the train can walk one block to Market Street to board shuttle bus to downtown.
- The inbound K Ingleside will end at St. Francis Circle. Customers can transfer to a bus to travel to downtown.
- The inbound M Ocean View from Balboa Park will travel through St. Francis Circle and become the outbound L Taraval to serve the L line stops beyond West Portal. Inbound L trains from the Zoo will turn into the outbound M line at West Portal.
- The T Third Street will switch back at Embarcadero Station except the periods between Aug. 17-Aug. 24 and between Aug. 31-Sept. 10 when work will take place at Embarcadero. During these periods, the T trains will end at Folsom Street. Bus shuttle service will be extended to Folsom Street.
- Bus shuttle frequency: approximately every eight minutes.
Have fun folks!
Content for this article was taken with permission from SFMTA.